NaClO is the formula of sodium hypochlorite, which is also known by the name of “Bleach.” “Antiformin” is the other name of NaClO. Let us study the reaction of HCl + NaClO in this article.
Bạn đang xem: naclo + hcl
HCl is a compound that contains hydrogen and chlorine so-called diatomic molecule. HCl is corrosive in nature. The chlorine atom is more electronegative than vãn hydrogen, ví the bond size is polar. NaClO is a greenish-yellow solid. NaClO is sweetish in odour.
In the following editorial, we will study various facts related to tướng HCl + NaClO reaction.
What is the product of HCL and NaClO?
The product of the reaction between HCl + NaClO is NaCl, water and Chlorine gas is evolved.
HCl + NaClO ⟶ NaCl + H2O +Cl2↑
What type of reaction is HCL + NaClO
The reaction between HCl + NaClO is an oxidation-reduction reaction which is commonly called a redox reaction.
How to tướng balance HCL + NaClO
To balance the reaction following steps are used.
- The first step is to tướng observe whether the number of atoms on the product side as well as on the reactant side is equal; then, only the reaction will be a balanced reaction.
- In the next step, if the number of atoms on both the reactant and product sides is not equal, then we have to tướng balance that.
- Here reaction is HCl + NaClO ⟶ NaCl + H2O +Cl2.
- In HCl + NaClO reaction reactant side contains one hydrogen atom, two chloride atoms, one sodium atom and one oxygen atom is present, whereas two hydrogen atoms, three chlorine atoms, one sodium and one oxygen atom present o the product side.
- This counting indicates there are unequal atoms on both the reactant and product sides, ví we have to tướng balance this.
- HCl + NaClO reaction can be balanced with the help of the algebraic method as follow.
- 2HCl + NaClO ⟶ NaCl + H2O + Cl2↑.
|Atom||Number of atom on Reactant side||Number of atom on Product side|
HCL + NaClO titration
HCL + NaClO titration follows the following procedure.
- Burette stand
- Conical flask
- Volumetric flask
Phenolphthalein indicator used for the titration between HCl + NaClO.
Phenolphthalein indicator shows pink color in basic solution and colorless in acidic solution.
- All apparatus are washed and dried before titration. There should not be any water nội dung or moisture inside any apparatus, which can vary titration point.
- NaClO is a weak base taken in the conical flask. It is called Analyte.
- In the burette, strong HCl is taken, which is called titrant.
- Before titration in a conical flask containing NaClO, a few drops of phenolphthalein indicator are added.
- The indicator causes a change in the color of the NaClO solution, which confirms the equivalence point has been reached.
- Before titration in a conical flask, there is no acid to tướng react with the base.
- When we add acid from the burette to tướng the conical flask containing NaClO solution, a color change will appear, which indicates acid has reacted with weak base NaClO.
- Now titrant in the burette is added slowly, drop by drop, to tướng the conical flask.
- Shake it properly ví that HCl will react properly with NaClO.
- After some time endpoint is reached, which shows the change in the color of the conical flask solution, this indicates the base has been fully titrated.
- The amount of NaClO can be calculated from the amount of HCl consumed by NaClO.
- V NaClO * S NaClO = V HCl * S HCl
- V indicates volume and S concentration.
- In this way, we can find out the amount of HCl required for the neutralization of NaClO.
HCL + NaClO net ionic equation
The net ionic equation of HCl + NaClO is given below.
Na+ + ClO– +2H+ +2Cl– ⟶ Cl2 (aq) +Na+ +Cl–(s) + H2O (l).
HCL + NaClO conjugate pairs
Xem thêm: Có nên ăn khoai tây với cơm?
HCL + NaCLO has the following conjugate pairs,
- HCl is a strong acid and Cl- is its conjugate base.
- The hypochlorite ClO- is the conjugate base of weak acid HClO.
HCL and NaClO intermolecular forces
HCL + NaCLO has the following intermolecular forces,
- A weak dipole-dipole interaction in the HCl molecule is observed.
- Cl– and H+ ions show a polar covalent force.
- In NaClO, dipole forces are present between Na+ and polar hydrochlorite molecule ClO–.
- The dipole force in NaClO is a polar covalent force which indicates it is water soluble.
HCL + NaClO reaction enthalpy
The reaction enthalpy of the HCl + NaClO reaction is -107 KJmol-1.
Is HCL + NACLO a buffer solution
HCl + NaClO bởi not act as a buffer solution as HCl is a strong acid. Buffer is a solution of weak acid and salt of that weak acid or weak base and salt of that weak base. NaClO is not a salt of HCl, but it is a salt of HClO.
Is HCL + NaClO a complete reaction
HCl + NaClO is a complete reaction as Cl2 evolved as gas, and H2O, NaCl, formed as a product.
Is HCL + NACLO an exothermic or endothermic reaction
The HCl + NaClO reaction is an exothermic reaction, as HCl + NaClO reaction has an enthalpy value negative which is found at-107 KJmol-1.Heat is absorbed in HCl + NaClO reaction. Reactants are more stable than vãn a product.
Is HCL + NaClO a redox reaction
HCL + NACLO is a redox reaction. Here NaClO acts as an oxidizing agent and HCl as a reducing agent.
- Cl I + e– ⟶ Cl0
- Cl– – 1e– ⟶ Cl0
Is HCL + NaClO a precipitation reaction
HCl + NaClO is not a precipitation reaction, as no precipitate formed in HCl + NaClO reaction. NaCl formed is soluble in water.
Is HCL + NaClO reversible or irreversible reaction
HCL + NaClO is an irreversible reaction. In HCL + NaClO reaction, CO2 evolved as a gas, ví there is no chance of reversibility.
Is the HCL + NaClO displacement reaction
HCL + NaClO is a displacement reaction Sodium from NaClO displaces hydrogen from HCl and forms NaCl.
How to tướng balance HCl + NaClO + KI = I2 + H2O + KCl + NaCl
HCl + NaClO + KI ⟶ I2 + H2O + KCl + NaCl reaction is balanced using the following steps.
- To balance the reaction reactant side and product side should contain the same number of atoms.
- In the HCl + NaClO + KI ⟶ I2 + H2O + KCl + NaCl reaction, on the reactant side, one atom of hydrogen, one atom of sodium, two chlorine atoms, one oxygen, one potassium and one atom of iodine is present.
- Whereas on the product side two iodine atoms, two hydrogen atom, one oxygen, two chlorine atoms, one sodium and one potassium atom present.
- The above counting show unequal distribution of atom on both the reactant and product side.
- We have to tướng equalize this, which can be made through the algebraic method as below.
- 2HCl + NaClO + 2KI ⟶ I2 + 2KCl + NaCl+ H2O
|Atom||Number of atom on Reactant side||Number of atom on product side|
This article has described the reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium hypochlorite. Sodium hypochlorite is used in various industries such as the paper industry, detergent industry, textile industry etc. Hydrochloric acid is used for producing fertilizer and dyes.
Xem thêm: Lý do nên trồng cau cảnh trước nhà